It is important for every user of the Port of IJmuiden to be fully informed with regard to the security procedures in and around the port. Here you can find all relevant information with regard to the security in and around our port.
In December 2002 the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) introduced the International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS Code). This ISPS code is an international standard for the improvement of the security of ocean-going ships and port facilities. As a result of this, in March 2004, the European Parliament established a regulation, in which this security of ocean-going ships and port facilities is regulated. At a national level these international security measures for ports are implemented in the Port Security Act, which has been in force since August 2004.
The ISPS code is applicable to:
• ships larger than 500 GT which sail in international waters;
• international passenger ships;
• mobile drilling platforms;
• all port facilities at which the above-named vessels are dealt with.
The port facilities where ships are dealt with which fall under the ISPS code are closed off by means of fencing and registration takes place of everyone who enters or leaves this port facility.
The following port facilities in the Port of IJmuiden comply with the ISPS code:
• Felison Terminal 1 on the Zuiderbuitenkanaal (terminal for cruise ships)
• Felison Terminal 2 in the Vissershaven (terminal for the DFDS Seaways ferry to Newcastle)
• Felison Terminal 3 in the IJmondhaven (terminal for the Nedlines ferry to Harwich)
• Vissershaven – Trawlerkade/Leonarduskade
• Haringhaven - Westerduinweg (quay for offshore)
• IJmondhaven – Monnickendamkade.
These port facilities are not freely accessible. Access can be obtained via the agent of the moored ships or via the port authority.
Companies dealing with ships which fall under the ISPS code on the above-mentioned quays must be in possession of an approved security plan (a so-called Port Facility Security plan), and must have their own Port Facility Security Officer.